<!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d28749891\x26blogName\x3dLiving+Out+Loud+with+Darian\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://loldarian.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://loldarian.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6004064978662927164', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
0 comments | Wednesday, December 13, 2006


Recently I came across a post on myspace by another blogger with strong criticism of how black gay bloggers have responded to the recent Michael Richards tirade at The Laugh Factory and the homophobia that we as gay and lesbian people face in this country everyday. While I agree with about 10% of what he had to say there was the other 90% that I had to address. I did so on a bulletin on myspace that I'm reposting here for you guys to read.

It's been a while since I've blogged on myspace, but I felt the need to respond to some of the things I've read lately concerning the use of the "N" word and the treatment of lesbians and gays in today's society.

It sounds good to say that as long as you accept yourself as a same gender loving person the views and opinions of others don't matter. It may not affect the decisions you make in your day to day life, but the homophobic and racist climate we're presently living in led to the death of Michael Sandy, Sakia Gunn, and countless others.

The majority of Americans will probably never fully accept homosexuality. Does that mean when my basic civil rights are threatened to be taken away because of who I love or some RACIST actor decides to publicly display how he's felt about Black people all along and use the word NIGGER I'm supposed to sit by and say nothing?

Sitting by and saying nothing has cost many people in the Black community their lives.

I could very well take confidence in knowing that I have no hang ups about being Black, gay, and outspoken when people in my community are being misjudged, abused, and cast out. I could become the quiet homosexual that everyone likes as long as he stays in his place, far in the closet and mute . But then I have to think where would we be today if Rosa Parks had said nothing on that Montgomery city bus or if James Meredith hadn't had the courage to integrate The University of Mississippi.

I use my blog as a forum to talk about issues that affect the Black gay community. Sometimes it's poltical and sometimes it's strictly entertainment. Mainstream media doesn't give a damn about my Black gay life or the lives of my friends. One thing is for sure every time you log onto loldarian.com you will view content that other people won't talk about. Call it over zealous if you want, while you're sitting silent you're sending a message that it's okay to disrespect you and call you a FAG and a NIGGER. If you don't train people how to treat you then that's exactly how they will behave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photobucket









Photobucket